Show reviews that mention
service internet customer service phone customer internet service area bill business speed
Filter review
Greetings, This letter is being written due to several issues. One, lack of choice for internet, television and ‘land line’ services. Two, the void of empathy and customer service shown by Windstream Corporation. I will go into detail for both. First, let me start by...

Hello Mr. Marshall.

My name is Maggie and I manage web based reviews for Windstream. I'm really sorry to hear that we've lost you as a customer and hate that we were unable to make this right for you.

If you have any questions or concerns in the future or perhaps change your mind and want to come back, please email me at wincanhelp@windstream.com. thank you, Maggie

Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Show more empathy to customers.

You will never use windstream unless they are the only provider

they do not provide the service's that you pay for period the speeds are joke and the price's for said speeds and service's are also a joke they will bounce you around through their departments they almost never resolve issue's they few that have did go above and beyond there job requirements but that does not make up for even 1/10 of the issues I have with them.

HI Scotty. I'm so sorry that you're having continuing issues with your services.

I'd be happy to look into this for you to see what improvements can be made. Please email me at wincanhelp@windstream.com with your account info for assistance.

Whitney, Texas
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Don’t use this service

My 98 year old Mother moved to a nursing home & cancelled service 9/6. I called for a refund & was told Windstream does not refund. Mom had auto payment & Windstream took out 9/20 for service. Had to cancel with the bank so Windstream wouldnt keep taking her money. Have called numerous times. Was told shed finally get a refund. Nothing came. Called today & was told no refund. Nice Windstream is happy to screw my elderly mom. Awful company

Hello. I'm really sorry to hear about this situation.

My name is Maggie and I manage web based reviews for Windstream, I'd like to help.

Please email me at WINCanHelp@windstream.com with your mothers account information for assistance. Thank you, Maggie

Denver, Colorado
Windstream Home Phone Service

Get Spectrum Instead- Avoid Windstream at all costs

Here is what happened to us in December 2019. We also ordered Windstream's KINETIC INTERNET package claims speeds up to 100 mbps and states that we could expect an average of 76 mbps to 100 mbps on average. The monthly cost was to be $35.99 with 3 months free credit plus $9.99 modem fee. I received a confirmation order via email and text confirming the price. Next, they send me a text stating that they there was an issue with the install date and that they would temporarily install 10 mbps until the Kinetic was available. So I called them and waited on hold for 30 minutes. Once someone finally answered, she stated that she found the message about installing 10mbps and I told her that I ordered 100, either to install 100mbps, or we are not interested. Then she tells me that Kinetic is not yet available in my area, and that the fastest speed available is 20 mbps. Well I currently have Spectrum at 35mbps and told her to cancel because they have been promising Kinetic Speeds in this area for the past 3 years. The biggest issue, is that they are advertising everywhere that Kinetic is now available in my town: Nicholasville Kentucky and it's not. They basically pull a bait a switch and attempt to get the customer to accept DSL speeds of 10MBPS. Uh No Thanks! We will stick with Spectrum because it always works and when you call them , you never ever wait for more than 5 minutes to speak with someone. I will just wait until Spectrum Advertises their 100MBPS for $45 again and then upgrade my package.

Hello. I certainly apologize that the speed ordered was not immediately available.

We offer to install the lower speed as a temporary service in these cases instead of nothing while the needed work is completed.

If you require additional assistance please email me at WINCanHelp@windstream. My name is Maggie and I'd be happy to help.

Windstream Internet Plan
Pros
  • Customer service is nice
Cons
  • Service is awful
Preferred solution
Actually install Kinetic in this area before placing False Advertisements and baiting and switching the customer to unwanted DSL.

Go somewhere else!

Every time every month my bill gose up and up and service gets worse and worse time for me to find another way to have phone service and internet. Not to mention they went bankrupt

Hello! I'd like to see if any improvements can be made to your services. Would you please email WINCanHelp@windstream.com with your account information and I will be in touch!

Meadville, Pennsylvania
Windstream Phone Service

Verified Reviewer

Company follows unethical billing practices

Update by user Jan 02, 2020

Windstream did recontact me with an email offering to issue a credit of $6.95. Its not worth the trouble to me, it was not the money, it wasthe principle of how they handled this.

They sent one email from theirmain person handling complaints. I did not bother to follow up, but will not use them in the future nor recommend them.

They went frominitially saying there would be no charge if their modem was turned into saying it would be $40 without informing us of any fee for contactingtheir customer service, to adding the $6.95 onto the $40. Fortunately where we live now we receive our phone services and internet services and television services from an alternative provider.Frankly at this point refunding me $6.95 would not leave me satisfiednor comfortable with ever using them again in the future for any kindof service.

Original review posted by user Dec 03, 2019
I moved on July 16, 2019 and ordered internet and phone disconnected. This was only about 6 days into billing cycle, and Windstream billed for $80.05. We contacted them and were told that it would be removed once they received their internet modem and we mailed that in their postage paid envelope. We called again about it and were then told that they had to charge us $40.05. We agreed to that and paid with debit card. I also printed this amount on their bill from their website. We got a confirmation number but they processed it for $47. Monetary loss $6.95. This is not much, but its the principle. Bank sees that the amount charged does not match what we agreed to and would accept me putting that amount in dispute if I bring in the paperwork. Its not worth $6.95. But other people should be alert that this company follows unethical billing practices, do not provide them with your debit or credit card information. Now I understand why Windstream is in bankruptcy.

HI Ronald. Thank you for your feedback.

I've received your email and will be contacting you back shortly to discuss this matter. - MA

Problems with payment
Preferred solution
Never do business with them again

If you have other options, use them.

Most of their customers don't have a realistic choice because those are the markets they target. If you are one of the lucky few that can use another service that's equal or better technology, use it. Choice with Windstream means whatever they want to give you, you hav no choice. I gave them several one stars below. They don't offer no stars on this site.

Good Morning. I am Maggie and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream.

I certainly apologize if you are having any service issues. I would be happy to assist.

Please provide your name and telephone/account number via email for assistance. Thank you, Maggie WINCanHelp@windstream.com

Odenville, Alabama

OVER CHARGED MONTHLY

I only used the phone service for the first month and then cancelled it, Customer service told me it was cancelled and would no longer be charged to my bill, 6 months later I am still being charged and am told by customer service that if 8 don't pay the full amount of the bill my service will be disconnected. I have had no choice but to pay it as they are the only ones to provide internet in my area. Well I am done paying for a 34.00 dollars a month service that is not being provided, I will be çontacting the BBB and PUC and who ever else I need to. Customer service is horrible and so are the supervisors I have spoken with who said they would rectify the situation.

Good Morning. I am Maggie and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream.

I apologize that you've had such a difficult time getting this matter resolved. I will be happy to assist in going over the billing and determining what needs to be done to move forward towards a resolution.

Can you please provide your name and telephone/account number via email for assistance. Thank you, Maggie WINCanHelp@windstream.com

Twinsburg City, Ohio
Cons
  • Poor service
  • Not getting what i was paying for
Pricing issue

Illegal collection account

I closed my account with Windstream. I send it equipment back on the package they provide it. 3 months later. I get a notice from my credit reporting agency saying that I have a $100 collection from Windstream. without ever receiving a notice that I own any money. far as I knew I pay my last bill. I owe Windstream nothing. now every time I tried calling they bounced me from Department to Department nobody gave me a straight answer. and even though they are violating my. consumer. rights. I get nowhere. what I'm trying to resolve this with them. so my next step will be to report him to the Federal Trade Commission. and the Attorney General. start an investigation

Good Morning. I am Maggie and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream.

I completely understand your frustrations with trying to get this matter resolved. I would greatly like to help so you do not have to worry about this matter any longer.

Canton, Georgia
Problems with payment
Preferred solution
delete wrong information from transunion cretit

Worst service ever

Omg I have had Windstream for about two years now..I am tired of resetting my box 30 times a day because my internet goes down. Have called the company probably over 39 times over my time with their service. No one seems to be able to give me any answers or fix the service. I wish I could find another company in my area because Windstream would be history in my book. Just got hung up by another one of their so called helpful reps..smh

Good Afternoon. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream.

I understand your frustration about having to reset your modem so often. I apologize that in the attempt to have this issue resolved that you had a poor experience. Please give me a chance to help.

Can you please provide your name and telephone/account number via email for assistance. Thank you, LaToya WINCanHelp@windstream.com

ID
Cons
  • Literally anything
  • Customer service
  • Speed
Very bad internet service
Price reduction

Trying to cancel an order

Salesman comes to my house, im not home. Telling my old lady that hes going to set up an installation and will cancel it if he hears from me. I got a robocall yesterday and again this morning telling me ive got an installation appointment tomorrow. I didnt approve of this, I am the ONLY one on the lease. They sent her a text and she said CANCEL. I sent an email, left a message on chat, and called, only to be put on hold and bounced around from dept to dept. Apparently they got a whole department that handles cancellations? Seconds into the call when I finally get a real person, I lost the call, whether she hung up on me or my cheek hit the end button, who knows. Very pushy people. Ive had issues with these creeps before when my windstream was transferred to charter yet they kept sending me invoices and eventually went to collections. I ended up reporting them to the FCC and all that *** was dropped. Shady Shady business, stay away from them!!!!

Good Afternoon. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream.

I apologize that you have had this experience with attempting to get assistance. Please allow me to help with resolution of this matter.

Can you please provide your name and the best way to contact via email at WINCanHelp@windstream.com for assistance. Thank you, LaToya WINCanHelp@windstream.com

ID
Cons
  • Very pushy dont seem to want to take no for an answer
  • Very pushy
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy

Resolved: What Windstream Won’t Tell You - Some ADSL Modems No More!

Update by user Oct 07, 2019

FINAL UPDATE, Oct. 3 -- A member of Windstream’s Executive Customer Relations team reached out to me via email and telephone.

The representative was cordial, diplomatic, sincere, knowledgeable of my situation, and offered a fair resolution to redress my household’s Internet service and billing complaint.

I consider the matter resolved. I thank Windstream and this third-party complaints website for offering a free mediating platform at which all parties may ultimately benefit.

Original review posted by user Sep 26, 2019
In all our years as a loyal, paying household Windstream customer—Phone/Net/TV bundle—I have never felt so low re this provider. Is anyone else confined to DSL using a D-Link ADSL 2, 520B modem (or similar)? After 10 days no Net, several calls, 3 tickets, 2 service visits, emails to D-Link, new identical modem purchased: Windstream has no answer (really?) as to why our ADSL2 modem (even replacement out of box!) ceased working as of ~7pm on 9/16/19. Local service techs scratch their heads. RESULT: We are forced to order a Windstream modem and they will NOT waive the rental fee, despite the kind tech telling me he has seen many households in our area (east of Pittsburgh, PA) receive such consideration! Is the squeeze on or what? Hey “Mark,” next class action of any kind and I’m on it, buddy. Also, I have D-Link’s Legal interested in my situation. That is all.—RPA

Windstream is likely the worst internet and telephone provider. I live in small community outside Tulsa.

I had worked for a cable tv company many years back and do know a little about why we have bad service. In the area we are on has old out dated lines. The transmission of signal goes down these lines. The more houses you serve the weaker the signal down stream.

So someone on the end would likely have the worst signal without a buster/transformer. Our lines have been in use longer then internet and are really obsolete and should no longer be used. The poles they set on are very old and some have been there at least 40 years. No preventative maintaince done on poles to prevent downed lines from a storm ect,.

We have one tech that has been with Wind stream and prior companies for over 30 years. If we ever loose him their will not be a service when he quits or retires. Problem is with new tech products land line cables are out dated and are a poor source for internet services to be based on. Their is not enough revenue in smaller communities to build the lines as should be.

What you have now is something that is very minimal and barely operates. If you live in their operating area you can get mobile hot spot from someone like AT&T or other for your cell and internet. Make sure you get unlimited data. What you would pay for this is about same as land line and internet from Wind Stream.

If you have them and not happy with what you have call the Oklahoma Coorporation Commission and file complaint. If they get enough complaints maybe they will fix

Good Afternoon. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream.

We do allow customers to use there own equipment. I understand that the modem previously worked and I want to make sure that you have a modem that provides you service. Please allow me to work with you to resolve this issue.

Can you please provide your Windstream telephone number and name via email at WINCanHelp@windstream.com. Thank you, LaToya WINCanHelp@windstream.com

View more comments (2)
Resolved
Murrysville, Pennsylvania
Windstream Dsl Internet Service
Cons
  • Adsl modem lease fee extortion
Access/ activation issues

TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE - STOLE MONEY FROM ME

I cancelled my internet service the day before the billing cycle closed. Apparently, the order wasn't put in until the next day. Windstream charged me an entire month of service (over $67) even though I cancelled before the month started. They refuse to stop billing me and will not even consider pro-rating the service (even though I did actually cancel beforehand). They are essentially stealing from me as I did not use the service at all for the period they are billing. Their prices are too high to begin with. AVOID WINDSTREAM AT ALL COSTS
Gainesville, Florida

Mbps is all over the place.

Mbps is good then it goes way down to where my streaming goes to buffering. Very frustrating after paying over $100.00 a month. Pitiful service. Looking for new provider. Been dealing with this for over a month.
Nicholasville, Kentucky
Windstream Dsl Internet Service

Can't make local phone calls to Hospital ,Docotr and friends in 610 area code since 3 weeks ago

I cannot dial local 610 area codes for the last 3 weeks I can't call my Doctor the Hospital and pharmacy ever since 3 weeks ago and noone is doing anything to help these are all local calls not long distance and I am a disabled person I need my I need to be able to call the Doctor and the hospital and the pharmacy which I have been doing my whole time with Windstream. I need someone with authority to get my phone fixed' Dorothy Conley 4 Spruce Dr. Reinholds,Pa.17569 7**-**4-0047 ticket #4144****
Windstream Home Phone Service
Pros
  • Politeness of the manager trying to fix the problem
Reason of review
can't dial 160 area code which is 3 miles down the road Doctor,Pharmacy or Hospital for the last 3 weeks and noone is fixing it.
Preferred solution
I am sick of talking to your representatives beacuse they don't help they make me mad'