Coverage Area

I paid my bill on March 31, 2017 for a Windstream billing cycle that ended April 13, 2017.I called April 19 (Monday) to disconnect my service and was provided a confirmation number but the operator said that they could not disconnect until May 12.

I said I didn't want to be charged for a service that I was not going to use. The customer service operator said I wouldn't be charged. Today May 20, I received a bill for a $94.67. I called the customer service and they said that if I did not pay the bill, my debt/account would be sent to a collection agency.

I was livid. This company billed me on false information in order to bill me for another month and there was no notation anywhere on the bill that I had discontinued service on April 19, 2017. If money is due its for the six days of service. I am a prompt person when it comes to deadlines and followed the instructions of the local office by calling ASAP.

I believe the lapse was due to Mother's Day and I was in Tallahassee, Florida.I have always been a loyal customer and paid my bill.

Review about: Windstream Customer Care.

I liked: Reading the negative reviews.

I didn't like: Static phone, Slow internet speed, That they would not remove the bill but sent to collections, Threatened to send bill to collection agency.

Had an Experience with Windstream?

Comments