Coverage Area
Style and Design

We were told in Dec.2016 we could upgrade internet speed free for a year with no service tech needed.

Just flip a switch and we wouldn't even notice when it happened. We accepted the offer then we were called and told we needed a service appointment and was given Jan. 23, 2017 appointment date. The day of service our internet was turned off right after midnight on the 22nd to be ready when the tech arrived.

He missed his a.m. appointment and p.m. rescheduled appointment window. I spent the whole day on the phone with Windstream either getting hung up on, miss transferred or put on hold for hours without anyone checking back every few mins (procedure) with me.

On the last call, which, lasted over 2 hours, I asked for a manager and got a "teamleader" who tried to tell me he was the highest ranking person at the center. I informed him I had been a "teamleader" in 3 call centers for a total of 14 years and knew a manager had to be on the clock and there to take calls. He said I have a work order for a tech the following day at 1 pm. I was livid and said absolutely not, cancel it.

He said he couldn't do that. I then told him I wanted a MANAGER. He did a lateral transfer to another "teamleader" who after an hour told me they couldn't reactivate my account even when trying to rebuild it. I would need to have a tech come out to fix the problem.

OMG! After a day of calling and hours of fighting with Windstream, I told her no and I wanted transferred to cancelations. I explained this all started with a no show x2 tech. She said she cancelled the work order for next day service appointment.

I was then transferred to the wrong dept before getting to cancelations. I explained the nightmare I was having and she said I still have the *** next day appointment it wasn't cancelled. They had the guts to offer me $60 off my bill and send a tech to hook me back up if I would stay!!! Again my answer was, Jesus Christ that is what started all of this and absolutely not!".

This rep assured me I would be cancelled and get 2 days of credit on my final bill. It gets better today (2-21-17) I got a pay or have my service cancelled notice. Calling Windstream and again getting the run around with the rep raising her voice to me when I told her I didn't want to hear the script about how she understands... she said they don't use scripts , which explains a lot!!

She said the account was not cancelled and no credits were ever applied. I got a total credit of my bill, the reps name and extention for the next screw up they throw my way.

I wonder how many other people are getting for service they cancelled!Class Action Law Suit material!

Review about: Windstream Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Horrid cust serv hang up miss trans irate customers lies upgrade.

Had an Experience with Windstream?

Comments

Lititz, Pennsylvania, United States #1295848

these people at windstream who i have been dealing with to get a bill resolved would not take any responsibility for someone in the company making a wrong notation.finally had a conference call with my bank and financial people at windstream,no one took responsibility for screw-up so as long as it got taken care of i'll be satisfied.my advice don't use windstream or dish tv bundle.