Coverage Area
Style and Design

So we decided to give Windstream a try a few months ago, after sending a technician out they said that they needed to hook up something else prior to being able to give us an internet connection. A few days pass and no one comes out.

I call customer service and they inform me that it will be at least another month before they can get back out to us. I thought that if it takes that long to send out someone, what happens if our internet ever goes down? So I decided to cancel the order and keep my current provider. A few MONTHS pass by and while I'm at work, Windstream shows up.

My wife, at home with our youngest child, pays no attention to them, until they bang on the door and tell her they're here hooking up our service. She tells them they are not supposed to since we have canceled... 2 or 3 months ago. I was walking around my house a few days later and notice there are now two new boxes mounted to the side of my house alone with a black cable, all of which is screwed into my siding.

I immediately call Windstream and am informed that they will have the area manager contact me. It has since been over a week and nothing. I called again tonight to try to reach someone and was told the same thing. This time at the end of it all the man tries to offer me a special from ADT.

I assume they are partners or I contacted a third party supplier this time. Either way I said no to which the person on the phone responds by getting louder.

I say that I am not a customer and do not wish to do business with this company and he replies with an attitude that "It's his job so yes, he has to offer me the promotion." I rstated that regardless of his job once I said no the first time, he should have dropped the subject. Either way I will never be doing business with Windstream or any of their partnering companies.

Comments

Good Morning. I am LaToya and I manage web-based reviews for Windstream.

I have also received your concerns on Facebook as well. We have been able to have a technician out to your location on October 11, 2018 and had the equipment removed from your home. Also a claim has been made to repair any damage done to the home.

Should you have any further questions or concerns via email at WINCanHelp@windstream.com. Thank you, LaToya WINCanHelp@windstream.com