We had Windstream for our business...I inherited this mess when I was hired to be their IT person. Before I was hired they had Windstream providing phones and Internet over a T1, we upgraded that by adding 2 more T1s, bonded, to have more Internet bandwidth. Never in my life have I seen so much down time with an Internet service provider. If it wasn't the phone lines it was the Internet and to try to get in touch with the engineer who was working the ticket? NOPE. Not that it would matter, most of the time they were absolutely CLUELESS about the problem or the status of the problem. I've seen them close the tickets with the circuit still down.

There was so much turn over in our Account Manager section that it was nearly impossible to get in touch with my immediate support team for help with this. Again, not that it mattered, the Account Manager team was nearly worthless. We submitted a disconnect notice when we closed a remote office and Windstream never filed it. They kept billing us and billing us and billing us, even though we kept asking what the status of the disconnect was. About 6 months before the contract ran out someone finally starting answering us about it and when we asked for a refund, it has been a year now, they said no it was our fault for not following up with them about the disconnect.

I sent copies of all the emailed correspondence, including the original email with the disconnect notice, and after it going through 2 separate reviews in their billing department they still found us at fault and denied our claim.

Don't EVER sign up with them.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). This person is overall dissatisfied with Windstream. The most disappointing about windstream bundle at Windstream was suck Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Windstream.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Telecommunications category for more informed decision or compare Windstream to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Windstream?

Comments